Thursday, October 05, 2006

Blogging...

So, this blogging thing doesn't seem to be going too well for me. Obviously, I have a few posts on here but I thought my posting would be more often. My problem seems to be that the ideas for posts come at weird times of the day (say, midnight when I'm trying to fall asleep, or at work) and then by the time I'm at a computer again I forget my great idea. I've really got to work on that!

My biggest joy of the day is that I got to chat with my dad this morning. I haven't really had a good chat with him for quite a while now. He's very far away and the time zones don't match up that well for phone calls so I usually get about one a year. We also don't get to see him very often. If I'm lucky now I'll see him once a year. Last week, when he was in the US for a few days, I got to talk to him for a minute but he was busy and we didn't get a chance to connect again. I did however, get a wonderful message from him on my voicemail. I loved just hearing his voice. That was all I needed and it made my day and my week. Sometimes that's all the reassurance I need that someone out there is safe, and still thinks of me often.

So, if you want to call me, just to talk, please do! I love to actually hear people's voices. Modern-day technology is wonderful with emails, chats, and blogs, but nothing is better than just talking to a beloved family member or friend.

No comments: