Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Day of School Photos

As you can see this is me, being a mom, taking pics of the boys before they head off to school on their first day. Nothing fancy happening here, but great memories to keep! That's why I got into photography in the first place. I wanted to capture my personal family memories and help friends and family to do the same. So, here's a couple cuties excited to go back to school!


Brothers!


Amigos!


Logan- 7 1/2 years old- 2nd grade. Is VERY happy he got the teacher he'd hoped for. Has one of his two girlfriends in his class and she sits right next to him. Is happy to know that seats are changed often. Is usually a teacher's pet because they all think he's so darn cute and sweet.


Shane- 12, nearly 13 years old- 7th grade. Middle Schooler! Can you believe it? I'm having a little bit of a hard time adjusting. His first day was great and he only needed help with his locker once. His second day wasn't quite as fun because he had to write three papers. Get used to it kiddo! He had at least one friend in each class and lunch with all of the 7th grade friends. (Two of his friends since infant/toddler ages are in 8th grade at the same school.) Also a teacher's favorite most of the time because of his stunning good looks and great personality. I might be a little biased too...


The middle schoolers are on their way.


Logan impatiently waiting the 30 minutes between bus pick ups. He also gets home about an hour later than Shane.


Logan and "Joe the bus driver" both wave good-bye to us as they head off to school. Joe drove the boys last year also and made a point to say 'hi' to Shane after school and wish him well at middle school. He's the type of guy feel you can trust to keep your kiddos safe on their journeys to and from school. The boys were very happy to see him!

I'll start my "school year" on Monday but don't expect any first day pictures. :)

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Haha! That wasn't the smiling, happy, can't wait to go to school picture I meant to post of the boys. Oh well. It's funny and cute so I'll leave it there. This one says something more like "I can't believe we're leaving the house before 8 am! Are we really ready?"

Allie said...

I'm so sad... This is going to be the first year in 17 years that I don't have a "first day of school" :(

Golda said...

How cute! I mean, they look "cool," not cute. Haha. I like Shane's shorts, very trendy! They will look very nice with his new converse shoes. Are those shoes ever going to go out of style? Probably not. I hope Shane likes middle school! What teacher does Logan have?

kreed said...

Good looking boys! Shane looks so much like you!
I can't believe Bryn and Logan are 2nd graders...seems like we were just having playdates when they were toddlers!

Melissa said...

Allie- That makes you sad? Seriously? I'd be rejoicing!

Golda- No, Converse will never go out of style, and apparently neither will plaid. Logan has Mrs. Pesareci (however you spell it).

Kara- I know, crazy isn't it? We can always schedule more play dates before they get old enough to date!

kreed said...

Ack! Dating! I am so not ready for that! You are getting awfully close with Shane, though!

Allie said...

The first day of school is always fun. With the little bit of jitters with are you accidentally going to go into the wrong class room and not realize it until its too late, if you're going to know anybody in your classes, and what your classes are going to be like.

Allie said...

oh and just seeing everybody again.

Morgan Hagey said...

Oh! Wow! Middle school woohoo. And I loved Second Grade, so I'm sure it'll be a hit. :)